Friday, July 14, 2017

Relay Media Day


By Gemma Cleanslate



The entrance way to the Relay for Life big weekend is a lesson in what is going on those days of the Relay for Life, Passport to Hope, and  how to make the most of your visit. Read the posters as you walk along the hallway and collect some information about events , locations, and more. 


 I met Grace Loudan and asked her how many entertainment stages there were . she told me, ”One Live Music, one DJ/Dancing and one Variety stage with dance troupes, theater, tribute band and a mermaid show. “



I stopped off at the Museum of past years. This is maintained by Bryan Rickena.


 I took a lap around most of the sims on my segway and then rested at my Team Shadow Victory Cove Roadway Park. It is right here that I will rest on lap day. I took the time to set up a few luminaria in memory of friends in Second Life and real life who have died of cancer. That way I won’t forget when I do the Honor lap for survivors. There seem to be more twists and turns in the roadway this year and I will have to pay attention. 




It s a jam packed weekend and I hope you will all get a chance to stop over and wander through. Check the website for information. The opening ceremony is at 10am slt Saturday July 13 and closing ceremony at 10am on Sunday morning however the sims will be open for after parties and visiting. Check here for more information and directions how to get where you want to go.
http://relayforlifeofsecondlife.org/event-day/


Gemma Cleanslate

No comments:

Post a Comment